As a simple message from an eloquent psalm reminds us,

I will lift up my eyes to the hills--
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.

(Psalm 121:1-2)

May the psalmist's patterns be ours as we follow the example of Mary and Martha and call on Jesus, the Ultimate Resource and Friend, when problems arise and crises come.
The previous quote came from page 248 of my Sunday school book. I felt like I needed this as a reminder of how great the Lord is. Sometimes I feel myself faltering, and I've been so busy lately with work that I haven't really made the time to be alone with God like I want to. It's my fault really because if I was disciplined enough than I would make the time no matter what. That is definitely something I need to work on changing. When I have my time with God, my daily, monotonous activities are much easier for me to handle.

I have been relying on God lately to help me cope with my uncle's death. I know it would be harder for me if I didn't. I still miss him, and wonder why he died. I'm also unsure if he was a Christian, and ended up going to heaven. The last I heard, my uncle was dead set against giving his life to God. I just wonder if he had a change of heart before he died. I wish I could have some kind of closure with it. It's difficult for me to deal with not knowing that detail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

George Mueller: Faithful Servant of God, and great role model! (Part Two) What is Faith?

What I have learned today!!!