What I have learned today!!!

This morning I spent some time in Job, and I got convicted because I have had a hard time trusting God.  He used my time in the Word today to help me realize what I have been doing wrong.  I have been trying to fit God into a tiny box, but He is bigger and mightier than that.  I've been trusting God for the little things, so that now God wants to do some big things through me I am having a crisis of faith.  I now believe He can do the big things, too.

One of the problems I realized I was having today was for years I've been judged based on my appearance, and told I could only do so much.  It became so frequent that I started believing it myself.  That's why I've been struggling to trust God because He knows I can do more than that with His help and He wants to take me there.  God wants to take me beyond my limitations!  God sees potential in me that I struggle to see in myself.  I can trust Him because...

“God’s way is perfect.  All the Lord’s promises prove true.  He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.  For who is God except the LordWho but our God is a solid rock?  God is my strong fortress, and he makes my way perfect.  He makes me as surefooted as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain heights.  He trains my hands for battle; he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow.  You have given me your shield of victory; your help has made me great.  You have made a wide path for my feet to keep them from slipping."
 -2 Samuel 22:31-37 (New Living Translation)

As God said through my brother said today:

"I trust I can do more than I think I can because God knows I can."
-Raymond Waley

Yes, I got my brother's permission today not only to share the quote, but to use his name. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!