I've been so tired lately. Tired of the death that's been surrounding me, and my family. Tired of working non-stop only to be faced with the reality of death when I have any spare time. I've been writing a bunch of poetry only to keep me sane. If I stop, I'm afraid of what will happen in my brain. Will I snap? I feel like I'm tettering on the edge of an abyss, and if I'm not careful it's down I go.


I know God is with me even now, and for that I'm very grateful. Without him, I don't know how strong I would be. He is my strength, comfort, and reason for living. I'm just having a lot of "Footprints" moments in my life right now.




Footprints in the Sand


One night I had a dream. I was

walking along the beach with the Lord,

and across the skies flashed scenes from

my life. In each scene I noticed two sets

of footprints in the sand. One was mine,

and one was the Lord's. When the last scene

of my life appeared before me, I looked back

at the footprints in the sand, and, to my

surprise, I noticed that many times along

the path of my life there was only one set

of footprints. And I noticed it was

at the lowest and saddest times in my

life. I asked the Lord about it: 'Lord,

you said that once I decided to

follow you, you would walk with

me all the way. But I noticed

that during the most

troublesome times in my

life there was only one set

of footprints. I don't

understand why you left

my side when I needed

you most.' The Lord said,

'My precious child, I never

left you during your time

of trial. Where you see

only one set of footprints,

I was carrying you.'




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

George Mueller: Faithful Servant of God, and great role model! (Part Two) What is Faith?

What I have learned today!!!