Welcome!

Hello to all who may come here. My name is Mandy, and this is a site that I will be updating sporadically with anything spiritually that is happening in my life as I walk with God.

I have been doing an Experiencing God Bible study on Friday mornings, and wanted to use this entry as a spiritual journal of things going on in that, and other Bible studies I may be taking.

With the Experiencing God book came handouts. One such handout was on keeping a spiritual journal with a weekly review. We are on Unit 6 in the book, so the following questions will be the weekly review questions, and my answers to them.

1. What has God revealed to you about Himself? (His name, His character, His nature)

God has shown me a lot of mercy, and love since I've started the Bible study itself.

One such example of His mercy would be:

One night when I was going to bed there was a dark figure floating over my bed, and an angel at the foot of my bed. The angel commanded the dark figure to leave me alone, and before I knew it the figure was floating over my head and into the ground by my bed.

Earlier that night I had wrote all my doubts about God in an entry on one of my other Webpages, and the next day after I woke up I went onto the same page and wrote an entry affirming my faith in God.

2. What has God revealed to you about His purposes? (His will, His plans, His desires, His activity around you, His assignment to you, His goals, His objectives)

He has been doing so many things in my life that it's difficult for me just to choose one, but one is really all I have time to talk about right now.

Apart from the experience I shared in the first question, here is another experience:

One day I was working on the homework for one of my Bible studies, and I audibly heard a voice say, "Welcome home, my daughter!" I felt my soul, and heart leap with joy inside of me. It was then that I knew the voice to be God's, and He was welcoming back into the kingdom.

3. What has God revealed to you about His ways? (How He acts, how He responds in given circumstances, the kind of persons He uses, the ways He involves persons in His work, the ways He goes about accomplishing His purposes)

He shows me through my experiences with Him that He is trustworthy, and He really does "never leave you, nor forsake you." He uses my daily devotional time to show me His will for my life.

4. What has God done in your life or through your life that has caused you to experience His presence?

When I was hit by a car two years ago, instead of getting angry at God, I knew He was going to use the accident to do good. He used my reaction to the accident, to give glory to Himself.

5. What Scripture has God used to speak to you about Himself, His purposes, and His ways?

Scripture #1: "Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy." -James 1:2, NLT

Scripture #2: "But the Lord said to Samuel, 'Don't judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn't see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.'" -1 Samuel 16:7, NLT

Scripture #3: "A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what's in your heart." -Luke 6:45, NLT

Scripture #4: "But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, are only a small village among all the people of Judah. Yet a ruler of Israel will come from you, one whose origins are from the distant past." -Micah 5:2, NLT

6. What particular person or concern has God given you a burden to pray for? What has He guided you to pray for this person or concern?

I feel lead to pray for one of my friends that she will come to know God as her personal friend someday, and not see him constantly as an angry God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

George Mueller: Faithful Servant of God, and great role model! (Part Two) What is Faith?

What I have learned today!!!